- This event has passed.
Wizarding World of Fort Stockton
September 1, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Welcome to the Wizarding World of Fort Stockton!
Celebrate going back to school (Wizard School back to school, that is!) with a day of fun for the whole family!
Tuesday August 28th through Saturday, September 1st.
View a variety of works by local artists – from amateur to professional! Art will be for sale, with a portion of proceeds benefitting the Fort Stockton Association for the Support of Local Arts & Music.
Saturday, September 1, 2018
12 pm – 8 pm
Win points for your house! Earn points for your House (Mountain Lion, Roadrunner, Groundhog or Rattlesnake) by getting sorted, playing games, winning games and more – at the end of the day, which will win?
All games and activities are free.
- 12 pm – 6 pm Vendors – a variety of fun gifts and treats!
- 12 pm – 6 pm People Bingo – mingle and meet new people – find someone that matches spaces on one of your card spaces. When you have a BINGO, turn it in to be entered in a drawing for prizes.
- 12 pm – 6 pm Magical Beasts Scavenger Hunt. Lurking throughout the hall are beasts – can you find them all? Once you do, return your scavenger hunt forms for a chance at prizes!
- 12 pm – 6 pm Photo Booth – grab your phones and take photos at the photo booth with frames and props
- 1 pm Costume Contest for ages 6 and under
- 2 pm Bludger-Parchment-Wand Contest
- 3 pm Costume Contest ages 7-12
- 4 pm Guess the Flavor Jelly Bean Contest
- 5 pm Costume Contest ages 13+
- 6 pm Trivia Contest – put your Harry Potter knowledge to the test! Pass your o.w.l.s and n.e.w.t.s., but be forewarned, pens are bewitched with an anti-cheating spell! Play solo, or get your friends and pay in teams of up to 4 members.
- 745pm Awards: Trivia, BINGO, scavenger hunt, and final House Award.
Art Show Entry
Call for Art: Attention artists! Start planning your Harry Potter inspired art entries – art show will run the week before the event. Think creatively – art doesn’t have to be SPECIFIC to Harry Potter – many things can be tied to the theme, such as trains, castles, owls, keys, etc.
Each artist may have up to 5 separate entries. Space is limited, all artists must submit their intent to enter BEFORE August 4, 2018. Use this form to let us know you are submitting works. You are not obligated to submit the number of entries you select here, but choose the number you plan on working on to allow us to plan for display space. BELOW THE FORM IS MORE INFO FOR ARTISTS! Be sure to read it!
ALL artists are welcome, you do NOT have to be a professional to enter – amateurs and hobbyists are ENCOURAGED to take part!
Please bring your art to The Garage (1110 N Main St, Fort Stockton) BEFORE Friday, August 24. Artwork MUST be ready to hang for display (no tabletop sculptures), and maximum size is 36″ x 36″, and no more than 5″ deep.
Make sure EACH piece is tagged on the back with ALL of the following information.
(a handwritten 3″x5″ card is acceptable, please be sure whatever you use is legible and affixed to the BACK of the artwork)
- Your contact information (including your name and phone number)
- Name of the piece and description of media
- Include the price you are asking for the piece.
20% of your sale price will be donated to SLAM (Fort Stockton Association for the Support of Local Arts & Music). Take this into consideration when pricing your pieces. If you price it at $100, you will receive $80, and $20 will be donated.
If you do NOT include a price, a suggested donation price will be assigned, of which 100% will be given to SLAM.
If you DO NOT WANT YOUR ART SOLD please indicate NOT FOR SALE instead of assigning a price.
Pieces submitted without price or NOT FOR SALE specification will be assumed donations, so please be sure to include this information on EACH piece you submit.
24″x36″ oil on canvas
Jane Doe (555) 123-1234 email@example.com
11″x17″ acrylic on canvas board
Bob Doe (555) 123-1235 firstname.lastname@example.org
NOT FOR SALE
8″x11″ watercolor on linen
Suzy Q (555) 123-1236 email@example.com
Art will be displayed from Tuesday, August 28 through Saturday, September 1
Pieces may be picked up at 730 pm, Saturday, September 1, or the following week, but MUST be picked up BY Friday, September 7
While all possible care will be taken to protect your artwork, we cannot be liable for any damages to your pieces, either in transport, storage, or during display.
Every precaution will be taken in handling the entries, but the Garage assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, needs to provide their own insurance.