- This event has passed.
International Tabletop Day 2017
April 29, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
a world-wide celebration of the tabletop gaming community and industry
Once a year when the first buds of spring begin to unfurl from their winter slumber, International Tabletop Day brings us back to the table to remind us why we play and to give thanks to those who make every roll of the dice exciting.
From the heaviest strategy game to the lightest party game
Tabletop Day is also a day to celebrate those who come to the table in contest or cooperation. It is a time of friends tasked with war and strangers finding a common bond to survive through the next turn. We honor the communities that gather around the table, those who bring the winning spirit and sportsmanship to play with others. We play not just against the board, but with others. To you who manage groups, bring new people to the table, and find that one night out of the month to bring your team together to fight a dragon; this day is for you.
And let us not forget the places we play games, find our new passions, or simply connect with those who are looking to play together. International Tabletop Day lives within the walls of your friendly local event venues. It is here that communities and games find each other, where information is shared and passions flare to life. You’ll find a universe to explore behind every door and beneath every box. International Tabletop Day looks to shine a light on stores and community events out there looking to bring everything that we love about the day together.
How have board games have changed your life? Did you meet your best friend while conquering strange lands, find your voice while completing quests, or have you realized your dreams as a game developer while clinching the winning point? Maybe this is the day that the right card or the roll of the dice change everything.
Take a break from your phones and computers and celebrate the 2017 International Tabletop Day with a full day of gaming
All games and competitions are FREE and are open to all ages. Food and refreshments will be available for purchase during the event. No outside food or drinks allowed.
- 12 pm: Open Games – Play any of the available board or card games, or bring your own. Available until 10 pm.
- 1 pm: Introduction to RPGs. Here’s your chance to learn how to play live role playing games, from basic game play to character creation. Led by Don Gaylor
- 2 pm: Dungeons & Dragons – mini campaign. 1st time players welcome- please attend the intro to RPGs at 1 pm! Led by Don Gaylor
- 3 pm: Magic The Gathering – learn to play & join in a game. Bring your cards if you have them! Led by John Parks
- 4 pm: Game Sprint – compete to be the fastest to win all 5 well-known children’s games. Refereed by Sarah Shuttleworth.
- 6 pm: Award Ceremony